As I mentioned in a previous post, several people have asked us to update our blog more often. One of these "people who actually have a life and interesting things to say on their blog" is my friend Ashley. We met her and her husband Graham in our Young Couples class and got to know them well through Connection Group.
They are expecting a baby in April, and I went to her baby shower last week (thus, receiving one of the "you haven't posted anything since Christmas!" comments).
Here is a picture of Kristal, Sherry, Ashley, and me enjoying the festivities. (I promise I was being included in the picture, even though it looks as if I just decided to join at the last minute without the rest knowing.)
They are expecting a baby in April, and I went to her baby shower last week (thus, receiving one of the "you haven't posted anything since Christmas!" comments).
Here is a picture of Kristal, Sherry, Ashley, and me enjoying the festivities. (I promise I was being included in the picture, even though it looks as if I just decided to join at the last minute without the rest knowing.)

I have been making blankets the last few years to take as gifts to the baby showers I attend. When you go to as many as I do (being in a Young Couples Sunday School class helps with that), you have to find something that won't break the bank. I started out making some that were just one piece of fleece with a binding around it. Lately, I have been making the "tie" fleece blankets that are just two pieces of fleece cut out to the same size and tied together around the edges. I think they make good floor blankets for the babies to play on when they get a little older.
For Ashley, since they are waiting for the surprise of a boy or girl, I made one that was solid green and solid cream. It looked really nice, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I went to another baby shower two days later for two other girls (I told you I went to a lot of baby showers!), and here are some pictures of those two blankets. One friend is having a boy, and one is having a girl.
For Ashley, since they are waiting for the surprise of a boy or girl, I made one that was solid green and solid cream. It looked really nice, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I went to another baby shower two days later for two other girls (I told you I went to a lot of baby showers!), and here are some pictures of those two blankets. One friend is having a boy, and one is having a girl.
2 comments:
The blankets are nice, Sara, but I personally love what you've done with the bed! Is it hard to find that kind of bedding in stores???
Yes, that type of mattress comes free when a sofa bed for the basement is just given to you!!!
It does give me a nice big place to make the blankets instead of killing my back on the floor!
Sara
Post a Comment